[TowerTalk] Loosening Al tubing to Al Tubing

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Loosening Al tubing to Al Tubing
From: "Don W7WLL" <w7wll@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 20:49:26 -0700
Read all the posts and agree with the penetrox, nolox, corrosionblock, or whatever compound one uses, essential when putting al to al element pieces together. This I was well aware of.

As I noted this element is a piece of inherited stuff from the junk pile.

Don't have any horses to pull so will shy away from that idea.

But the limited use of Kroil or the 50% acetone and 50% xmission fluid are worth trying. I'm not a big fan of WD-40 except for a few automotive uses. Has its purpose but I find it does not hold up outside.

What was as interesting as the 'how to get 'em apart' was the discussion about finishing/cleaning up these pieces once disassembled.

Thanks again all for all the input and it is always fascinating to see how a discussion evolves.

Lots of experience out there!!

Don W7WLL