Re: [TowerTalk] AES SK

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AES SK
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 16:09:05 -0700
On 7/7/16 2:15 PM, Doug Ronald wrote:
Here's another off-topic opinion piece - My equipment is homemade, some at
the component level, some at the board level, and some at the module level.
I have finished the receive side, and am working on the transmit side
currently, but I listen around on the bands, and am shocked to never have
heard another ham mention his equipment was his own development. Antennas?
Sure, but electronics, nope.

get on microwaves and just about everyone is building their own gear. Or modifying surplus.

There are no real "store bought" 10GHz rigs.