Re: [TowerTalk] Cad Welding tips

To: "'Kelly Taylor'" <ve4xt@mymts.net>, "'William K Carr III'" <k5tu@att.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cad Welding tips
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2016 22:36:15 -0400
Kim:

      If you haven't already done the Cadwelding (I'm behind on my email
reading this week), and assuming you're using One-Shots, I suggest you put a
snake of electrician's putty around the wires and ground rod where they enter
the ceramic mold.  My first attempt at using One-Shots ended badly when the
molten material leaked out from around the openings.  I used the putty to plug
the molds and had no problem with subsequent shots.

     And yes, make sure you immobilize the wires in the molds somehow.

     Good luck.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F