[TowerTalk] Help, Antenna modeling people.

To: "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Help, Antenna modeling people.
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 07:48:39 -0500
I have about a 67 foot vertical with about 50 uh coil at about half way up for
160m.  Antenna worked great until this morning it melted the rope which was
used to pull it up through pulley at top of my telephone pole. Antenna fell
missing house literally by less than 4 inches.

The 5/16" double braided Dacron which was taped out about 8 inches in effort to
insulate it was melted at end of tape.

I don't have much in way of supplies but want to know whether rope would be
more likely to melt if attached above coil or below coil.

Then to find a bucket truck. I can't climb a telephone pole without steps.

Stan, ZF9CW

Sent from Stan's IPhone