Re: [TowerTalk] Help, Antenna modeling people.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help, Antenna modeling people.
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 13:32:46 -0700
We had the same thing happen in V47 on our 160/80 inverted V's. We would be cooking along and then boom the SWR would go up. Go outside in the dark and find the dipole end on the ground. I don't think I have ever seen this in Dry Colorado but on the beach with salt and water rope didn't last too long. We were also sparking in the palms at the end enough so that the security guy was concerned and pointed it out to us.

W0MU