Re: [TowerTalk] Me vs Squirrels - conclusion

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Me vs Squirrels - conclusion
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2017 20:48:26 -0500
Gene,

The same procedure is used for ground kits: a layer of vinyl over the parts you may need to uncover in the future (the industry calls it a *courtesy wrap*), then as much butyl as needed to form a gradual taper (and put a gob under the ground wire where it leaves the shield), and a couple layers of 2" vinyl, and a couple layers of 3/4" vinyl. That will be bomb proof.

No one uses a *mastic pad*, but it can't hurt I guess.

-Steve K8LX