Re: [TowerTalk] Experience with crank up towers....

To: "towertalk@contesting.com reflector" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Experience with crank up towers....
From: Chris <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 08:05:20 -0600
Jim/Clay,

I have an instruction manual that goes over install, but here's teh condensed
version:  When you attach cables to each arm, start with the tower at full
height with the cable hanging.  Mark where the cable touches the ground and add
two feet for each arm you're attaching (add two feet of slack per arm).  Then
lower the tower and attach coax at each arm loosely with zip ties so you can
adjust lengths.  Then run up the tower and check positioning, adjust as
necessary.  When everything is perfect, tape cables to arm with scotch 33 and
you're good to go.  I've never had a problem with snagged cables as the arms
keep the cables away from the tower.    AND!  NEVER!  raise or lower a tower
without standing right there watching things.  Murphy is always ready to strike
when you're not paying attention.

Chris
KF7P