Re: [TowerTalk] Advice on Old TV Antenna Tower

To: "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Advice on Old TV Antenna Tower
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 15:47:19 -0500
All depends on amount of rust/corrosion inside tower legs and condition of
guy wires and anchors, if any.  If you discover any rust inside the legs, do
not trust the structure with your life.  I would remove a leg bolt to have a
look.

If you want to remove the tower, use a cutting torch at the base so that it
falls where it will do no damage, sort of like cutting a tree near the
house.  Or, rent a lift bucket and pull it down.

73, Keith NM5G