Re: [TowerTalk] coax advice

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] coax advice
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2017 11:09:45 -0700
On 8/19/2017 10:18 AM, Chuck Dietz wrote:
How does one deal with a 1000 ft roll of
Hardline?  Is there some sort of holder?

I'm not sure that I understand the question.

A 1,000 ft spool of any coax RG8-size or larger, is pretty heavy, and hard line is more so. That's the issue I see with managing it. I buy coax on 1,000 ft or 500 ft spools, and unwind them by laying the exposed end on the ground and rolling the spool away from it in my driveway. When I need greater length, I turn the spool around and unroll some more. When I have enough, I cut it, drag the ends to my outdoor workbench, and install connectors.

73, Jim K9YC