Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Tower Grounds

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Tower Grounds
From: Clay Autery <KY5G@montac.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 08:47:06 -0500
So, would I be correct in assuming in this case, that it would be "better" to have the strap bond as close to the bottom/foundation as reasonable to reduce the "parallel conductor" distance?

In my case, there are threaded steel rods in the foundation, not a tower section...  So the bond would be made to the tower leg that is sitting/bolted in/to a steel clevis bolted to the threaded rod.  I will give additional attention to this inward force to which you refer in the mechanical design.... perhaps a thicker strap and more craftsmanship in the shaping thereof is in order. <wink>.

PS - Pretty stinkin' neat to learn something new.... Here's a link that explains the math/theory at a reasonably understandable level.  <smile>

http://www.kshitij-iitjee.com/Magnetic-force-between-two-parallel-conductors

Thanks Jim!

Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises