Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Tower Grounds

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Tower Grounds
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 09:03:34 -0700
On 10/17/2017 8:15 AM, Grant Saviers wrote:
I have never seen a "code compliant" stamped ground rod.  Also, I have no way to measure Cu plating thickness, but would assume it was cheated on as well.  Probably they all came from China where 1" = 19mm.

Much of the red/black zip cord sold at hamfests as "speaker cable" and "power cable" is smaller gauge than marked. The insulation is thicker to conceal that fact. And zip cord is terrible for RFI -- twisted pair is FAR better.

73, Jim K9YC