Re: [TowerTalk] Insurance for my tower??

To: towertalk@contesting.com, rcblumen@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Insurance for my tower??
From: k7lxc--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 17:46:46 -0400

>  Since a replacement value on the tower, motorized winch systems, prop

pitch motor, mast and antennae if totaled (plus labor to haul away the
broken pieces and INSTALL all the replacement parts) could cost $50K or
more (for new), I was wondering if any other company insures ham radio
towers?

    While I can't speak to company and policy specifics, there's a nifty
chapter in my UP THE TOWER book written by Ray Fallen, ND8L, who also authored
an excellent insurance article in QST - I don't remember when it appeared - and
should give you more good info on the topic. Those are good places to start.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
championradio.com
Cell: 206-890-4188