Re: [TowerTalk] Insurance for my tower??

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Insurance for my tower??
From: Timothy Coker via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2018 23:35:51 +0000 (UTC)
 Not going to even attempt to come close to your commanding knowledge of tower
installation methods one bit John. Maybe my experience was a one off in the way
that the insurance company wanted a certified re-installation of the same type
of tower for their future liability concerns. Maybe it would have been even
much different if I only had actual cash value coverage too.
Every locale is going to want to see different things. I was fortunate to not
go through a re-permit process because we used all of the the existing base and
the engineering stamp certifying the new plans were presented to our local
building and safety department. I recall quite vividly that due to replacing
with a like tower in this way I did not have to go through applying for a brand
new permit. I'm personally quite happy that we went this route as law's can and
do change out here in regards to what is permitted. Maybe these aren't of
concern in other parts of the country?

I also thought the replacement process cost was high, until it was over with
and I was taught more about what the insurance company thought versus what I
did.
At the end of it all I was given a new tower, built to newer state standards,
and my permit was amended without having to re-apply. I'd imagine this would be
similar to any other insurance claims that I might file, though this has been
my only one as a home owner.

73,
Tim / N6WIN.

    On Friday, April 6, 2018, 2:58:34 PM PDT, john@kk9a.com <john@kk9a.com>