Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower 72 ft crank up grinds to a standstill

To: Alan Swinger <awswinger@earthlink.net>, FritzOAQ <fritz@k4oaq.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower 72 ft crank up grinds to a standstill
From: Steven Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 17:59:46 +0000
Another thought:

If the tower is not perfectly vertical -- and it must be darned perfect -- it
is very difficult to extend, although a bit easier to retract because gravity
helps with that.

I've seen the "won't extend" issue with the UST 72' towers before and in each
case found the tower to be just slightly off-vertical: Not enough to "see," but
enough to measure.

WB2WIK