[TowerTalk] OT: Lessons to be learned

To: w7wll@peak.org, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] OT: Lessons to be learned
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 11:22:38 -0700
Also discovered a great site, IFixit, for those who are determined to their own repairs.

I have an entry in there, or maybe it was FixYa, it's been a while, how to test, and diagnose for issues with a contact (one of several, stacked) in the start/run switch of some mid-90's GMC vehicles that results in engine RPM limiter engaging, tachometer failing to indicate operation, shift indicator lamp ceasing to illuminate, or flicker, and transmission dropping into "limp home" mode". Normally a shotgun approach of extensive affected system testing, and replacing parts, even at dealerships, it was found the issue of multiple vehicle systems could be determined between two wires with an ohm meter. I think GM finally posted a TSB (technical service bulletin) based on it.

Kurt