Re: [TowerTalk] Long span lanyard for wire antenna

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Long span lanyard for wire antenna
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 18:52:42 -0500
I have been very pleased with rope from Mastrant.

https://www.mastrant.com

No commercial interest. Just a satisfied customer.

--Kirk K4RO

On 4/21/2021 6:30 PM, Lux, Jim wrote:
On 4/21/21 2:48 PM, Grant Saviers wrote:
Check mauriprosailing.com for polyester double braid or polyester over dyneema.  I think they would gladly sell whatever length you want up to a full spool- usually 600ft.  The order form accepted that amount, but better give them a call, and ask for a full spool discount ;).

Lots of color and tracer choices as well.

I've bought blocks from them, no rope.

It's kind of like buying coax - sure you *can* buy coax at Home Depot... But you're better off going to a cable dealer.

Here in the Los Angeles area, when I was buying lots of stuff for rigging, we used VER Sales. (versales.com) They will sell you as much or as little of whatever you need.

Everything from the fancy polyester over dyneema or climbing ropes to crummy sash cord. FWIW 600 ft of 5/16" "California Truck Rope" is $49.

Blue Water has lots of dealers

https://www.bluewaterropes.com/ - although I think of them as more a climbing rope / static line company.

I suggest googling for "rigging supplies" or "rope and cable"