Re: [TowerTalk] FA-VA5 question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FA-VA5 question
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2021 13:01:52 -0700
Looking for a single hard fault the FA-VA5, you can look at the coarse frequency response first, and them zoom in on the exact frequency of each of the consecutive opens (or shorts) separately using a narrow span to get adequate frequency resolution because you know from the coarse sweep that there is nothing interesting happening in between. Or I guess you can drag a computer along and run VNWA and get TDR in real time (I haven't tried that yet).