Re: [TowerTalk] 16om vertical and the number of radials

To: Jorge Diez - CX6VM <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 16om vertical and the number of radials
From: Mpridesti via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 12:47:11 -0500
In addition to what Ed, N1UR suggests, I also measure the resistance between
the center conductor and the shield of the coax in the high meg ohm scale of
the meter. Of course you want an open circuit and you might see this at a low
resistance scale but problems that are attributed to water egress are found in
the high resistance scale.

Over the years, I have found some feed cables to my verticals having high
resistance in the meg ohms. In most cases, cutting off the last two inches and
reterminate the ends solved the problem.

Regards,

Mark, K1RX