[TRLog] TR Can't Find File in Path

Subject: [TRLog] TR Can't Find File in Path
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:04:52 -0500
At 12:33 PM 1/17/02 -0000, k8cv wrote:

>Do you only operate SSB ?
>
>Dos box will work for that but not CW as it will be all chopped up.

Fortunately, this isn't correct.  In Win98you can run TR in a DOS window
with excellent CW if you turn off all the background tasks except Explorer
and Systray.

As for Jim's problem, I think he's trying to find a standard configuration
file (one that is used with TR regardless of contest), because of his
comment about the INPUT CONFIG FILE parameter.  In my case, I found that
even if you have c:\LOG in your path statement, you still need to give the
full path(e.g., INPUT CONFIG FILE = C:\log\n4zrstd.cfg) in order for TR to
find it.

It's definitely a good idea to have your logcfg.dat file in the same
directory as your log files for a given contest, so that POST can find it.
It also makes it awfully easy, the next year, to find the appropriate
logcfg.dat file for the next running of the contest.  Makes pre-contest
setup pretty simple, as long as you keep your standard configuration file
up to date.

73, Pete N4ZR

Sometimes a tower is
just a tower