[Trlog] While they're fresh...

Subject: [Trlog] While they're fresh...
From: aa4ga at contesting.com (Lee Hiers)
Date: Tue Mar 4 23:34:13 2003
On 4 Mar 2003 at 17:43, KL7RA wrote:

> I had missed Pete's point, I assumed he was using the footswitch for
> another option. VOX is really the only way to go but it does require
> a smooth transition to transmit and back again to receive. If it's not
> "perfect" every time, vox is a distraction for sure.

I used to like VOX...still use it some for non-contesting, but I got
converted to PTT years ago for contesting.  Especially for multi-ops.
 I transmit when I want to and not when I don't.  If I'm digging deep
for a station and he's just coming up out of the noise and I bump the
mic while adjusting the headset or something, it can cause the VOX to
trip...and then I miss the guy's call as he fades back down.  Then,
when I realize what happened and yell "Aw Shooot!", the VOX trips
again, etc. etc.

But it could prove useful to have a PTT button at the keyboard for
some of those other programmable functions if you use them, I'd
think.

73 de Lee

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA