[Trlog] While they're fresh...

Subject: [Trlog] While they're fresh...
From: kg5u at hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Wed Mar 5 01:19:11 2003

About ten or more years ago, I went to Home Depot/Builder's Square, etc.,
and bought a couple of springs, a piano hinge and a piece of 1"x6"x6' and
stopped on the way home at the local electronics parts outlet and picked up
a dual momentary switch (in case I needed to switch two things at
once--never happened, so they are wired in parallel).

I cut the 1x6x6 in half, slapped the other hardware on it and voila! A
footswitch under the desk that even I can't lose.

The two springs provide about the right resistance to foot pressure.  I can
make it more sensitive by turning it over and letting the weight of the
momentary switches make it easier for my foot to key the switch.  Sometimes
I operate literally barefoot and let my big toe do F1 on the footswitch.

Also, it's big enough that it doesn't move around on the carpet unless I
push it around with my feet.

73,
dale, kg5u