Re: [Trlog] bootable USB "thumb drive" for XP

To: k4xu@arrl.net, trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] bootable USB "thumb drive" for XP
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 23:34:50 EST

In a message dated 11/14/2004 10:03:37 PM Central Standard Time,
k4xu@bendcable.com writes:

That's what I've been trying to sell - having a USB that IS the
drive  that boots to DOS. No HDD partitioning needed, all the files
you need are  on the USB. I even back up to the USB drive.
TR thinks it is the C: so everything gets put there.I have also
noticed that because the drive is so fast, I don't need EMM386,
SMARTDRV, or anything to make TR function smoothly.
The HDD in the XP  machine never even wakes up. No moving
parts, so to  speak.

Dick,

That is just what I was suggesting when I started the thread a while back,
but I truly lacked knowledge on how to make at happen, you've done a lot of
that, and I think you're on a great path to making this all work!

Paul  Schaffenberger
210-493-6265
210-213-5914(M)