Re: [Trlog] Any interest in Bootable MS-DOS CD's?

To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Any interest in Bootable MS-DOS CD's?
From: "Steve London" <n2ic@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 00:53:14 -0000
For fast access to trmaster.dta, put the trmaster.dta file in a ramdisk, and
change your path to point to the ramdisk first:

In config.sys:
lastdrive=d
devicehigh=c:\dos\ramdrive.sys 900 /e       <---- Creates a 900 kb ramdisk
at the next letter past the last physical drive (i.e. if c: is your thumb
drive, the ramdisk will be automatically created in d:  . It might be
interesting to see how this interacts with a USB thumb drive, since I have
only tried it with a hard disk)

In autoexec.bat:
PATH d:\;c:\n6tr679;  ...  <--- set up PATH to point to ramdisk first
copy c:\trmaster.dta d:\trmaster.dta    <---- Copies trmaster.dta from the
thumb drive to the ramdrive

73,
Steve, N2IC