Re: [Trlog] TR-Log USB question

To: "Scott L." <scott73@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] TR-Log USB question
From: Kevin Schmidt <w9cf@ptolemy.la.asu.edu>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 15:27:06 -0700
You mention the one-laptop per child, and I believe the native operating
system for those is linux.

I run TR in linux using dosemu which works pretty well. I have real
serial and parallel ports on my shack computer. However, I just tried
plugging in a cheap usb serial port adapter, and it keys the rig OK up to
about 35 wpm. It is readable at 45 wpm, but the keying sounds too heavy
to me at that speed. At 20-30 wpm it sounds fine to me.

Paddle input works fine with dosemu using a real parallel port, but I do
not have a USB parallel port and I would be surprised if the linux usb
drivers emulated the real parallel ports down to that level.

73 Kevin w9cf