[WriteLog] Callsigns not highlighting

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Callsigns not highlighting
From: jfleming@shelbynet.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 08:55:09 -0500
> Problem - some callsigns didn't highlight, some were preceeded by
> a DE, others not. Some callsigns with a / in it only partially
> highlighted (the part before or after the slash only).

Same for me, although not a new observation.  What if take a trip and
operate Dxx/WA9ALS - Seems everyone would see WA9ALS highlighted, but not
the Dxx prefix, leading to logging errors and inconvenience.

> Operator error? - Suppose several callsigns are highlighted in
> answer to a CQ. I click on the one I want then hit INS. It switches
> callsigns on me, to the last one highlighted (unless one is a new
> mult). What's the best way to deal with this? Click on the call, then
> F5 and F3? Any way more efficient?

Same for me, although again not a new observation.  Very embarrassing to see
a different call going out in BLUE, hit esc, reclick on the one you wanted
etc.

Help with these things would be greatly appreciated!  Tnx for bringing them
up, Barry!