[WriteLog] Callsigns not highlighting

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Callsigns not highlighting
From: sherrick@ameritech.net (Scot Herrick)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:30:38 -0000
Hi Barry,

On the calls not highlighting and the INS key - please note a previous reply
from me to the reflector today with the subject: Function key problem. That
explains the difference between the INS key and the F10 key (it's a
feature...).

Can't help on the SO2R problem.

On the Rttywrite window closing, that's the same problem here. It's caused
by the tuning window being the 'active' window all the time, which makes
sense. But if I thought I was in the Entry window and hit Enter to log the
QSO, it would close down the tuning window. Ditto for hitting Escape. Only
way I found to do it was close down the RTTY window and restart it. Very
tough in the middle of a run! Any help from anyone on this would be greatly
appreciated....

CU...Scot, K9JY

mailto:scot@k9jy.com
www.k9jy.com

Writelog worked great (almost perfectly) in the RTTY contest this
weekend. A few items to address:

Problem - some callsigns didn't highlight, some were preceeded by
a DE, others not. Some callsigns with a / in it only partially
highlighted (the part before or after the slash only).

Problem - A few times I managed to accidently close the Rttywrite
tuning window (sleepy times when I meant to turn on or off the
AFC). I wound up closing the RTTY window then reopening it. Any
shortcuts to bring back the tuning window?

Problem - Running SO2R with First One Wins selected for radio
lockout. Every once in a while, the second radio remained locked
out (RADIO boxed in red) even though radio one was back in
receive.

Operator error? - Suppose several callsigns are highlighted in
answer to a CQ. I click on the one I want then hit INS. It switches
callsigns on me, to the last one highlighted (unless one is a new
mult). What's the best way to deal with this? Click on the call, then
F5 and F3? Any way more efficient?

Tnx/Barry
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com