[WriteLog] Callsigns not highlighting

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Callsigns not highlighting
From: k5zd@ma.ultranet.com (Randy Thompson, K5ZD)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 21:12:55 -0000

W2UP said:

> Problem - Running SO2R with First One Wins selected for radio
> lockout. Every once in a while, the second radio remained locked
> out (RADIO boxed in red) even though radio one was back in
> receive.
>
> Operator error? - Suppose several callsigns are highlighted in
> answer to a CQ. I click on the one I want then hit INS. It switches
> callsigns on me, to the last one highlighted (unless one is a new
> mult). What's the best way to deal with this? Click on the call, then
> F5 and F3? Any way more efficient?

This one has been bugging me for awhile.

I would like to see a small change in operation.  If something (anything) is
in the call field, then the Insert key should send that and not capture from
the RTTY window.  This way you could type or click to get something in the
call field and then press Insert to go.

What I do now is just what Barry says.  Type the call then press an F key to
send the exchange.

Randy Thompson, K5ZD
11 Hollis Street, Uxbridge, MA 01569 USA
Tel 508-278-2355 E-mail k5zd@ma.ultranet.com
Web: http://k5zd.contesting.com