[WriteLog] Callsigns not highlighting

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Callsigns not highlighting
From: w5xd@writelog.com (W. Wright, W5XD)
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 02:32:54 -0000
I would like some help with the reported problems with callsigns not
highlighting properly. I invite you to send a screen dump of the RttyRite
window showing the incorrect highlighting. This is just a request--if you
tell me precisely what you want, it is much more likely that you will think
I got it right when I release a "fix".

Please! I need you to read these instructions before doing anything! These
instructions are harder to read than they are to follow.

I recognize that it probably takes a contest situation to make the problem
happen. So I am prepared to take reports over the next month or two. Screen
dumps can be large, so these instructions are designed to prevent you from
completing destroying my ability to do email. Please! follow them!

1. Before starting WriteLog, run the Windows Paint application. There is
more than one way to to this: (a) from Start, find Programs, Accessories,
Paint or (b) from Start, Run, then type in "pbrush", (c) other ways I'm
sure. Shrink paint to an icon.

2. Run WL and Rttyrite. When you notice a call highlighting problem on the
RTTY screen, click on the RTTY screen's title bar. (It is necessary to click
the title bar--clicking in the text display part of the window will NOT
work).

3. Hold down the ALT key, and pres the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard

4. Click on the icon for the Paint program you made in (1)

5. Select Edit Paste in Paint. You might be asked whether to make the
picture big enough to hold the window capture. The answer to the question,
if asked, is YES.

6. Select File Save As... and save the BMP file on your disk.

7. Select File New

8. Shrink Paint to an icon. Go back to (2) if you want to make more pictures

9. At the end of your recording session (maybe at the end of a contest
weekend), use Windows notepad to create a TXT file for each of the BMP files
you made in (6) above. In the TXT file, make a note about what call should
have been highlighted.

10. zip all the TXT files and BMP files into one big ZIP file.

11. email the ZIP file to this email address. (NOTE THIS IS NOT MY USUAL
EMAIL ADDRESS!!!!)

wlrpt@texas.net

If you fail to read these instructions and send me raw BMP files or send
them to the wrong address, I will figure out a way to make you miserable,
too :-)

Wayne, W5XD