[WriteLog] Feature Suggestion

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Feature Suggestion
From: scot@k9jy.com (Scot Herrick)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 03:29:59 -0000
All,

There are two points here:

1. I agree with Marty's comment from earlier...you need to hum some specific
bars to say what you would like to do on a keyboard that you can only do
with a mouse during a contest. There are probably others, but the only time
you MUST use a mouse is to edit a contact already in the log and a mouse is
a lot easier to do that with than keyboard suggestions. But if we're not
specific, no one (read Wayne) is going to do anything about trying to
implement it. The list for enhancements is long and the time provided for
enhancements and testing is short.

2. Check my website for 'WriteLog Links' and check out the non-contest
sponsor links. You can assign keyboard shortcuts to almost anything within
Windows and there is a site (sorry, don't remember off the top of my head
and I apologize to the group and the great site that offers the service!)
that provides assigning keyboard shortcuts for WriteLog. Including your
custom ones. This is an extremely easy alternative to
programming/testing/implementation time for the program and I would highly
recommend a hard look at the alternative. This site's objective is to allow
you to do all of your work within WriteLog via the keyboard - exactly what
is being asked of the enhancement. Take a look.

CU...Scot, K9JY

PS Bill - I LOVE your constantly changing tag lines at the bottom of your
messages - where do you find them???

See WriteLog's complete user manual at
K9JY's WriteLog site http://www.k9jy.com

mailto:scot@k9jy.com