[WriteLog] Re: WL10.26B and FT-847

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: WL10.26B and FT-847
From: kkii@hcc1.bai.ne.jp (Katsuyuki ISHII)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 06:10:07 +0900
I forgot to tell which cable I used.

Steve Baron - KB3MM wrote:

>The correct cable is very important.  Try that and let us all know what
>happens.

I used a cross cable.  I opened the Port window and set as follows:

port:com 2, rig:FT-847, baud:4800, PTT:no

Then what happned is

> After connecting my FT-847 with my notebook PC, the radio display which
> is the side of the entry window displays 1212MHz or 1412MHz and so on
> instead of the actual freqeuncy and mode.

I mean the radio display did not show the correct frequency and mode.
Besides the CAT indicator on FT-847 did not light.

Of course I tried to connect FT-847 with Writelog, using a straight cable.
Then the radio display did not change even if I turned the VFO of FT-847.

----
Katsuyuki Ishii  kkii@hcc1.bai.ne.jp