[WriteLog] PTT asserted when it should not be

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PTT asserted when it should not be
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 22:53:45 -0500
> At 21:05 10/5/2001, WA9ALS - John wrote:
> >

>                           RS232 on Back of TS870
> PORT 3 ----->########
>                           Radio Control Interface
>
> PORT4-------->###############       RigBlaster RS232     This controls PTT
> and Microphone switch

Actually, Gil wrote the above!  HI

Gil, RTS should be OFF during Receive.  I don't use DTR, but I assume it's
off also.  Something's weird about your setup.  If you have a RS-232 tester,
put it inline and see what you can sort out.  Are you using onboard serial
ports or add-ons?  Some of the USB serial adapters assert RTS high when you
first startup the computer, but WL will eventually clear it when you get it
running and select your ports.