[WriteLog] PTT asserted when it should not be

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PTT asserted when it should not be
From: w8ik@subich.com (Joe Subich, K4IK)
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 17:30:54 -0400
> In other words, if the program is running the DTR and DSR are asserted.
> If it is not running then they are not. This is the ONLY program I have
> that works that way. What is happening? I can use the program ONLY by
> turning ofPTT control in RigBlaster and using the Radio Commnad htat
> THANKFULLY WriteLog produces. Otherwis the program would be totally
> unusable for me.
>
> WHAT would I do if I had a radio that did not support the PTT command?
> The program positively should NOT assert those lies and should assert
> RTS and ONLY RTS and ONLY when in transmit. It doesn't work that way!
>
> I realize I may be doing something wrong. If I am, I do not see it and
> would like advice.

*READ THE INSTRUCTIONS/HELP FILE* --- it took me all of two minutes
(including time to boot the machine that I use for WriteLog) to find
the following:

1) The help file clearly states that DTR/RTS (DSR is an input signal)
   will be asserted on any port that is not used to send CW.

2) To keep DTR/RTS from being asserted:

   a) Set CW KEYER TYPE -> PC Generates
   b) Set "All mode PTT on CW port RTS"
   c) select CW on the same port that you use to control the Rigbalster.

   In fact, if you have a RigBlaster Plus (has an "extra" optoisolator)
   you can actually use it for both CW and AFSK ... internal jumpers can
   select DTR for CW and RTS for PTT.

73,
   ... Joe, K4IK