AW: [WriteLog] Erratic CW

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: AW: [WriteLog] Erratic CW
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry )
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 23:37:55 -0000
On 28 May 2002 Bill Turner wrote:

> On Tue, 28 May 2002 15:01:26 -0400, Roger Borowski wrote:
>
> >I can't imagine why so many go for the LPT port when
> >you can use the same port as rig control for CW keying???

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the reason folks want to use the
> LPT port for CW is that there is a conflict if you want to use RTTY FSK
> and CW on the same com port.  I don't think it can be done, at least not
> with MMTTY.  This may not be true for all combinations of
> mode/tnc/port/FSK/AFSK, but it was in my case.

<snip>
OK, you're wrong :.)
My COM ports are set up as follows:
COM1 - modem
COM2 - Radio
COM3 - Packet
COM4 - PTT/CW/FSK
COM5 - Acom amp

Obviously, I don't use CW and FSK at the same time, so when running
WL/MMTTY, I choose None for CW in the Setup Ports window. When
running CW, I choose COM4 and MMTTY isn't open.
Barry --