[WriteLog] WL with KAM XL

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WL with KAM XL
From: jeflanders@comcast.net (Jerry Flanders)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 14:44:18 +0000
Garry, you are presuming that all radios generate AFSK internally. Perhaps
your radio does it that way. One of mine (FT-1000D) does, but another I
have (IC-756PRO) does not.

All the KAM can do is furnish the "FSK" logic signal to the radio. What
happens then depends on the radio.

My FT-1000D internal AFSK method appears to work adequately, but I suspect
that it _probably_ has a slightly dirtier signal (low level junk near the
M/S freqs) than my 756PRO.

The weaker signals on the band in last weekend's RTTY contest would have
been much easier to copy if more of the guys nearby them had their (sound
card generated) AFSK actually under control.

Jerry W4UK