FW: [WriteLog] WL with KAM XL

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: FW: [WriteLog] WL with KAM XL
From: garry@ni6t.com (Garry Shapiro)
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 18:41:56 -0000
Jim and all:

K0BX's mods are totally of a different nature, primarily about interfacing
to Kenwood radios. There is also info about putting an ST8000 ahead of a 232
for better filtering. To my knowledge, my mods are not on anyone's website.

However, there is a simple mod on the K0BX site for the threshold detector
that I was unaware of, and will probably incorporate.

Comm Quart was sold to QST a year or so ago and has been incorporated into
QEX. Actually, dissolved would be a better word. IOW, it is on the cover,
but its format is gone. CQ made up the remainder of the subscriptions with
CQ Magazine. Too bad--I thought Comm Quart was the best of the CQ
publications, and I have every issue.
------------------------------------

This is probably a good place at which to bury this thread as far as the
Writelog Reflector is concerned---it has wandered far from Writelog. I think
we all now understand that there are radios that do FSK via AFSK and radios
that do FSK directly, soundcards only do A-D and D-A conversion, soundcard
levels should be set carefully, and that the original KAM was probably
better than the original PK232. I have also learned how to interface K6STI
RITTY with Writelog.

Anyway, there is a RTTY Sprint today, and I need to figure and configure
Writelog for it.

73 to all who participated in this thread.

Garry, NI6T