[WriteLog] Potientially Big Problems for Sweepstakes With the Cabrillo F

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Potientially Big Problems for Sweepstakes With the Cabrillo File.
From: kg0us@att.net (dr)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 19:11:45 -0600
Please read the following and let me know if I am doing something
incorrectly:  How to I get the Cabrillo file to show multipliers in using
the presently accepted abbreviations?  How do I get Writelog to show the
multiplier in their present form when displaying them using the Contest Show
Multipliers menu while doing the Sweepstakes contest?

I am using Writelog V10.36G.
I was reviewing the Sweepstakes Cabrillo file before submission.
Interestingly enough, I found that it had changed all the section names back
to the old format.

Example:

OR Oregon is written as ORE in the Cabrillo file.

MAR is MR

QC is PQ

and so on.

Have you ever noticed that you can not enter NWT for Northwest Territories
in Writelog without getting a question mark in the multiplier list.
Speaking of multipliers,  Have you ever gone under the Contest menu and
selected show multipliers while running the Sweepstakes contest?  Some of
the multipliers are listed the old way!

After seeing this I emailed Dan Henderson and asked the following question:

Will the SS log checking program deduct points in I used old section names
along with the new names?

Example:

ORE    OR

QC      PQ

MAR     MR

I guess I am asking if I need to go back and correct these?

Thanks,

Dave KG0US

He sent the following e-mail back to me tonight:

Dave:

You need to use the current section abbreviations or the QSOs will not
count.

Thanks and Happy Holidays.