[WriteLog] Potientially Big Problems for Sweepstakes With the Cabrillo F

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Potientially Big Problems for Sweepstakes With the Cabrillo File.
From: tombaugh@discoverynet.com (tombaugh)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 07:07:53 -0600
KG0US and I had a discussion on the phone about this last night.
Because I was on my way out the door I couldn't get too excited about it.
But I did look at my SS cabrillo and found the same results as Dave.
example:  OR was replaced by ORE in the cabrillo.
I entered the right data into the file during the contest but the cabrillo
changed it to ORE.
I sure hope Writelog isn't penalizing its customers.

Interestingly, KG0US and I had the exact same amount of duductions during
this contest last year.
Now looking back at it.. we wonder if this was the cause..
I'm not a computer guy.. don't dig into INI files.. and have been a strong
advocate for Writelog since I chose it as my 1st contesting software. I sure
hope this situation can be easily fixed. Nobody wants to be penalized for
using the best software available. Perhaps a quick version revision can be
zipped and available for customers?

Tom Baugh
AE9B