[WriteLog] Converting a disk to NTFS

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Converting a disk to NTFS
From: shr@medinaec.com (W0UN--John Brosnahan)
Date: Wed Jan 22 11:28:11 2003

>I use IDE removable drive cages - primarily
>because I do a lot of beta testing of software.
>You can find cages through numerous sources ...
>on the street they can be found now for as low
>as US $15 to $20.

Bob--

I have thought about drive cages in the past--but
not really considered them all that much for this
system.  But I like the idea.

This computer is a rack mount cabinet with enough
drive bays to go either way.  Think I will look
at drive cages today and get back up to speed on
what is available.

Another option is one of the two Romtec Trios Hard
Drive Selectors from Tiger Direct.  Allows the drives to
remain in the system and you just push the button for
the one you want.

Simple version--select any one of three.     $50
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?sku=R75-1000

Trios II that allows you to select two drives--one master and one slave--
of the three in the system.       $70
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?sku=R75-2000%20P

Thanks--John   W0UN