[WriteLog] Converting a disk to NTFS

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Converting a disk to NTFS
From: SteveBaron@StarLinX.com (Steve Baron - KB3MM)
Date: Wed Jan 22 01:29:07 2003
The data integrety bit is sort of an optional i.e. not automatic thingy.  An
application must explicity use the transaction log as the NT family does for
system files.

User data files usually are not 'transacted'.

The link you posted does indeed have a good summary of the klatest NTFS.

"NTFS uses transaction logging and recovery to guarantee that the volume
structure is not corrupted. For this reason, all system files remain
accessible after a system failure. However, user data can be lost because of
a system failure or a bad sector. "