[WriteLog] MMTTY 1.64 comments

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] MMTTY 1.64 comments
From: k6ll@juno.com (Dave Hachadorian)
Date: Sun Feb 9 23:08:44 2003
On Sun, 9 Feb 2003 19:49:23 -0600 "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
writes:

> Not a single case of any kind of problem, zilch, niema nietz.
> I purposely did a great deal of cqing.
>
> This is very unusual as I'm USUALLY the one with the problems no one
> else
> has experienced.
>
> In MMTTY Options, I have in the MISC. tab
> Priority set to Higher
> Soundloopback set to OFF

After reading your previous comment about priority/higher and
soundloopback/off on Sunday morning, I tried MMTTY 1.64 again.
Priority was already= higher, but I turned off loopback.

I made about 300 Q's on Sunday, and I experienced the
"brief transmission" problem only once. So, it's not
fixed completely, but loopback may reduce the frequency
of occurrence. It's hard to tell, because it happens so
rarely. It sounds like the programmer is onto the fix
for this prob.

By the way 1.64 seems to copy through polar flutter, backscatter,
and pileups very well. I think it's better than 1.62, but then
again, it's hard to say for sure.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ