[WriteLog] ICOM

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ICOM
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Mon Feb 10 07:00:44 2003
> First is it possible to set up two icoms thru the ci-v interface to
> writelog.  For some reason I thought it was ... if not is it part of any
> plans in the future??  I was surprised I could only use one radio this
> weekend (guess I took that for granted from using yplog).

You need 2 CI-V interfaces.  I use a CT-17 to interface one rig with PW1 and
WL, and an inexpensive cable version from K1NU
(http://home.att.net/~k1nu/k1nu/Products/control.html) to control the second
rig.

> Second on the screen is there any way by just doubling clicking the words
> you can get the call, even if its not highlighted? and get the whole call.
> For some reason it would grap the number and everything to the right but
not
> anything left of the number.

Just click on the left-most character in the call and you will get it all.

> I have been reading this group for several monthts before I bought this
> software...looking like yplog may slowly fad away so I needed to move on.
> Other than my main concern about the radios this software seems very solid
> and relatively easy to use (I was up and running in only  a few hours and
> that was because of the rigblast info was a bit hard to find).

It will grow on you...  ;-)    73 - John, WA9ALS