Re: [WriteLog] Re: issues--HOME key

To: "WriteLog" <WriteLog@Contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Re: issues--HOME key
From: "N1LN_TXU" <n1ln@txucom.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 06:04:56 -0600
I agree that HOME should stay as it is.

But, while we are making suggestions.......

When running (working down pileups) in CW it would certainly be nice to have
a selection
of different responses to close one QSO and move to the next.   What I mean
is this.

> F3 is:   tu K5PTC
> by typing enter when "Enter sends exchange" is selected, the contestes of
F3 is sent and the
QSO is saved.
> what would be nice is to have the ability to utilize another F key in
conjunction with the " \ " key.
> say - F4 had:   tu
> type the \ key and the previous QSO would be saved (simulating ENTER) and
the ONLY message
sent would be   TU

(NOTE:  TR manages this function quite well)

This would indeed speed up the between QSO exchange when you are already
working a pileup down.
When the pile thins (or time mandate) go back to using the ENTER key that
ties to F3 and start sending
TU K5PTC.

If this is already possible - - I am VERY willing to be educated.    By
Possible - I mean with one key and
not the way I do it now.   I currently type the ENTER key and as soon as TU
is sent - hit the ESCAPE key
and stop the sending of my call.

Thanks,
Bruce - N1LN  ( K5PTC )