Re: [WriteLog] Re: issues--HOME key

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Re: issues--HOME key
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:33:43 -0800
Hi Eric,

I agree that there are times when automatically logging the Q before you've had a chance to edit something causes a slight delay while you edit the log. However, I don't find that happens nearly as often as losing the Q entirely because I forgot to hit the Enter key.

I have indeed found that you can get WL to do what I want to do for S&P or for running, but not both. I did try the menu option you describe once while running. Then I did some S&P. I don't recall exactly what happened, but somewhere during the first S&P Q a totally inappropriate message was sent. That was the end of my interest in that menu option.

I would be delighted if anyone could tell me how to get WL to automatically log the Q in both S&P and Run modes. That would be a real nice Xmas present.

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO

Eric Scace K3NA wrote:

Hi Jim --

  There are many times when I am not ready to log the QSO at the time the
exchange or TU message is sent.  I might still be
correcting data, for example.  So I definitely do NOT want these memories to
complete the logging of the QSO.

  That said, you can achieve exactly what you want by using the Setup/Enter
Sends Exchange/QRZ menu option.  When you have
completed the data entry for the QSO, just hit Enter to cause the "TU QRZ"
message to be sent AND to log the QSO.

-- Eric K3NA