Re: [WriteLog] Re: issues--HOME key

To: "WriteLog" <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Re: issues--HOME key
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:22:24 -0600
One of the reasons WriteLog is as good as it is is that Wayne has stuck
to conventions as much as possible, and carefully thought through the
implications of small changes. I too figured out the Home moves the
cursor to the beginning of a window or field, and I use it that way.

I have WriteLog set up for CT compatibility, although I have the CW
messages set up slightly differently because my low power station and
modest antennas tend to keep me more in an S&P mode than a run mode.
Somewhere in the doc I learned that with the CT setup, <F11> will clear
the entry window and return the cursor to the beginning of the call
field. This is very useful behavior, and I use it a lot. To dupe check
a call, all I have to do is enter part of it and either hit <F11> if
it's a dupe  or finish entering it if it's not.

The problem I still have not figured out is when my cursor is in
another window (the keyboard or a sections worked display, for
example), how to quickly get back to the entry window.  Does this have
a quick key?  If not, it needs one. :)

Jim  K9YC