Re: [WriteLog] Re: [RTTY] Don't send IN during the exchange!

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Re: [RTTY] Don't send IN during the exchange!
From: "Chuck Fullgraf" <cfullgraf@sprynet.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 10:15:23 -0500
Since I type, instead of click, the highlighted gibberish does not affect
me. But, then I still have not come to grips with some of these conveniences
of WriteLog and since I have to type during phone contests, why change my
methods.

Like W0ETC, I like the format "His Call, RST, QTH, QTH, My Call"  (DX
stations can substitute the Serial number for the QTH). It verifies that I
have his call correct, gives him two chances to see my qth and verifies for
him my call.

Although resending my call may be superfluous, I've run into several
situations where I printed parts of different transmissions at the same time
on the same frequency. It got confusing who was sending what and to whom.
Unlike phone, where you hear the others voice, or CW, where you hear the
other's sending style, you cannot separate pick out a particular station
just by listening so by sending both calls you have verified who you are
talking to and who you are.

It doesn't matter to me if I see dashes or slashes in between the parts of
the exchange.

But, I'm flexible.

Chuck, KE4OAR