Re: [WriteLog] Re: [RTTY] Don't send IN during the exchange!

To: WB3LGC@aol.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Re: [RTTY] Don't send IN during the exchange!
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 18:34:18 -0800
On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 18:58:19 EST, WB3LGC@aol.com wrote:

>OK, how do you want me to send DE?  DE/DE, DE-DE, DE DE, DEL DEL ???  I had a
>number of requests for the state again...  I typed the two letters while the
>exchange was sending.

I'd prefer to hear:

W6WRT 599 DE DE WB3LGC

No more, no less.

I believe in any contest, the significant part of the exchange should
always be sent twice.  If it's sent only once, a bit flip would go
undetected, and if sent twice and one of them is different, a repeat can
be requested.  Sending it three times is usually overkill, at least on
the first attempt.

--
73, Bill W6WRT