[WriteLog] RTTY Questions

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] RTTY Questions
From: "Bob Naumann - N5NJ" <n5nj@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 22:41:02 -0600
I've spent a couple of hours messing around, and made 59 qsos in the BARTG
contest with Writelog, MMTTY, my ProII @100w and a G5RV laying on my roof.  Not
bad.

So far, everything seems to work fine, except that I think my Rigblaster has
failed since my afsk tones do not pass through it.  I'm not sure why.  I think
the PTT may not be pulling in.  How am I supposed to configure for the PTT on
the serial port for the rigblaster?  My LPT port PTT is working though - go
figure.

I may toss the Rigblaster and just make my own to clear up this mystery.

I have one complaint, and one bug report.

The complaint is regarding the scrolling of the rttyrite screen.  How do I make
it stop doing what ever it does where when it fills up the screen, it goes back
up to the top.  I don't know where to look.  New text should always appear at
the bottom, and then the old text should just scroll up.

The bug report is that I tried to do a timed CQ, and Writelog/MMTTY went nuts.
It started sending my CQ message over and over.  I stopped it, and after that,
the memories would not send their contents properly.  I shut all the programs,
rebooted the computer, and have not tried a timed CQ again.

RTTY's cool.

73,
Bob N5NJ