Re: [WriteLog] RTTY Questions

To: "Bob Naumann - N5NJ" <n5nj@gte.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] RTTY Questions
From: "Tony Osman" <tony.osman@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 10:45:53 -0500
Mmmmm, Bob, your comments on using the Rigblaster are interesting. I spent
some time yesterday with Peter, VE3HG, trying to setup his RigBlaster Pro
for FSK operation.

I found that the RigBlaster Pro would work fine with MMTTY.  Then tried with
MMTTY plug-in for Writelog and it worked fine with that too.

If I tried to use Rttywrite, I could not get PTT to operate.  The RigBlaster
Pro was wired to have port A as the CW, Rig Cntrl, PTT functions and port B
as FSK.  I could see FSK being received by the RigBlaster and if I switched
the rig (ICOM 756) fsk sigs could be heard in a separate receiver.

If I tried any of the single port FSK/CW/PTT combinations, writelog would
not allow selecting the port for Rttywrite to be the same as for CW.  The
port had first been selected for CW so that PTT could be used via the serial
port.  The computer is running XP and currently has no driver installed for
the LPT.

I never tried running rttywrite with no com port selected!  When you tried
that, did it work with FSK?

I think the whole setup for FSK/SSB/CW with RigBlaster is a little complex
but I am sure once it is completed, things will work well and without any
need to adjust anything.

73 de Tony, VE3RZ