Re: [WriteLog] RTTY Questions

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] RTTY Questions
From: "Bob Naumann - N5NJ" <n5nj@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 07:00:56 -0600
John,

I sure do read that way, but I make the choice of when the page turns - not the
book!

If some people prefer this "feature", that's fine, but I totally dislike it.
It's unnerving to see the letters coming in, get to the bottom of the screen,
and poof - where'd they go?  Oh it's coming in at the top again.  Since I'm an
old terminal user, where the text keeps going, and going, and going, and going,
I would strongly prefer to keep it that way.  I want to reduce the amount of
eye movement while I'm operating.  If the new text always appeared on the
bottom line of that screen, it would be a whole lot easier to focus on it.

All modem programs that I am aware of since 300 baud days, worked the way I
would like it to be.  Most Packet Terminal programs work that way too.  Even
Writelog's packet screen always displays at the bottom of the window.

To be honest, to me, this "feature" is just plain annoying.

Bob N5NJ