Re: [WriteLog] Writelog-CT17-Radios

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog-CT17-Radios
From: DougN1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 20:48:03 EST
In a message dated 12/13/04 12:12:21 PM, k4gmh@arrl.net writes:

<< Hello Dick,

No solution to your problem, but get the same thing regarding "No
Rig".  Unfortunately, once the "No Rig" shows up it stays until the Port
Window is pulled down and selecting OK.  Then the radio is once again
recognized.  The radio is an IC746 using a homemade CAT interface.  This
problem only occurs with Writelog.  >>

For what it may be worth, here is my experience. I have a home brew interface
with a 756 Pro. It worked perfectly with Windows 95. When I installed Windows
98SE, I would frequently get the same condition as Mike explains above and
could "fix" the same way. Now that I'm running XP professional, everything
works
perfectly again. The only change was the OS.  Go figure.   I only run WL, so
don't know about any other applications.

Doug....K6HGF